The Yeti Roadie 20 Cooler
The Yeti Roadie 20 cooler may be available to you in as many as four colors including white, tan, blue or coral. This cooler weighs just short of 16 pounds while the shipping weight is of about 20 pounds. Note that these figures refer to the overall weight of the Yeti Roadie 20 cooler when it is empty. As for the dimensions, it is 18.5 inches long, 13.6 inches wide, and 14.3 inches high.
Yeti makes their Roadie 20 model cooler from a blend of “Rotomolded” plastic components to increase its durability. This construction may allow you to take the cooler with you into a variety of environments as it stands up to the rigors of travel. The latches have heavy-duty rubber that should prevent them from breaking even under stressful conditions.
Yeti Roadie 20 Cooler Features and Functions
This section of our Yeti Roadie 20 cooler review will detail some of its main features and how they operate. You can use this section to get a general idea of how the cooler can benefit you.
- PermaFrost insulation of up to three inches.
- Patented FatWall design.
- Durable “bear-resistant” construction keeps your food and beverage content cool and safe from animals and elements.
- Can hold up to 12 beverage cans of up to 14 ounces.
- Double the ice-to-beverage ratio for optimal cooling results.
- “T-Rex” lid latches use proprietary rubber technology for increased longevity and durability.
- Keeps ice cubes frozen for approximately four full days.
The list above details just a few of the main features that make the Yeti Roadie 20 cooler a notable product. We particularly like that it can keep ice frozen for such a long time. This truly highlights the effectiveness of the product and reduces the number of times you’ll need to create or exchange ice cubes.
Note that while the specifications say you can store up to 14 cans in this cooler, you may be able to fit more inside depending on how much ice you pack and how you situate the cans. Some users claim that they can fit as many as 24 beverage cans in a cooler this size.
How the Yeti Roadie 20 Cooler Works
Aside from how long the Yeti Roadie 20 cooler can keep ice frozen and its durable construction, it works similarly to other coolers in its category. You can fill the cooler with ice and pack it down if you wish to add more layers. You may not need extra ice thanks to the FatWall insulation technology. Specialized polyurethane insulation within the FatWall will keep your ice in its solid state for several days under most conditions.
Yeti Roadie 20 Cooler User Reviews
Many users that have experience with the Yeti Roadie 20 cooler appreciate its high ice retention. You don’t have to take our word for it. Others have chimed in to say that it will keep ice solid for days at a time. Most people like how thick and durable the cooler’s outer walls are and how it stands up to most travel conditions.
Some users report that the durability of the item comes at a cost, however. They feel that a cooler of this size should be lighter than the Roadie 20 model. In rare cases, users report that their cooler seems to leak excessively through its drain hole.
- Ice retention capacity – We tested how long the Yeti Roadie 20 cooler could retain its ice when filled to its maximum capacity. Although these figures may vary from model to model based on production methods, we calculated that the cooler can keep ice solid for approximately four days.
- Portability – We determined that you can take the Yeti Roadie 20 cooler with you to most places without any great difficulty. Since it is relatively compact, you can put it in your trunk, toss it in the backseat, or even tie it to your own back for easy carrying. Thanks to the specs, it can almost double as a mobile mini-refrigerator.
- Solid investment – This cooler uses premium materials and construction to provide you with a product that should last for years to come. You can lock it down and attach it to your vehicle if you need to leave it behind.
- Hydraulic adjustable resistance
- Multi-functional – Despite its small size, you can use the cooler for daily lunches, longer road trips or to keep meat products cold for a short time.
- There’s not much to dislike about this product. Nonetheless, our Yeti Roadie 20 cooler review would be incomplete without a few things that can be improved. Although this carrier is compact and relatively easy to transport, it can be a pretty heavy unit when it is loaded down with ice. Unless you are carrying it by the handle, it has a tendency to rap you on your knees while you are carrying it.
- Some users claim that the Yeti Roadie 20 cooler can be expensive. While this might be true if we were only considering the price of the unit, we think the long-term benefits of this durable model make it a fairly affordable cooler for its size and ice capacity.
You Might Also Be Interested in:
If you need a cooler that can hold a lot of ice, keep that ice cold for a long time, and is durable enough to be resistant even to a bear’s charge, we can recommend the Yeti Roadie 20 model wholeheartedly. It may be slightly heavier than most other coolers of its size, but it is also long-lasting and highly effective. Please share your thoughts on the Yeti Roadie 20 cooler in the section below.