With such a wide variety of ice makers on the market today, you might have some difficulty choosing one that suits your needs. Even ice makers with similar functions can have different design characteristics that make them stand out or help them match your existing kitchen decor. How much ice each one makes may also be an important factor for you. Therefore, the TG22 model entered the market to support the majority in their need for fresh well-shaped ice cubes.
TG22 Portable Ice Maker Product Description
The people at ThinkGizmo constructed the TG22 ice maker from a combination of durable stainless steel and ABS components for a product that is both lightweight and robust. It weighs just over 25 pounds in total. While the TG22 ice maker may not be the most portable choice among other ice makers, it is definitely a countertop model that you should be able to move with ease.
The TG22 ice maker is 16.8 inches tall and 16 inches long. It has a width of 13.5 inches, and it stands about 24 inches tall with the lid open. You may wish to keep these measurements in mind when you’re deciding where to place the unit.
TG22 Portable Ice Maker Features and Functions
The list below contains some of the main features of the TG22 ice maker. We will also provide you with some detail about how the unit functions and delve deeper into how it works in a later section. The features we list here are some of the ones that we think helps the TG22 ice maker stand out from competing models.
- Many users rate this machine as a top-tier model among residential ice makers.
- The TG22 ice maker has quality stainless steel and ABS parts that not only make it durable but also appealing in most kitchen settings as well.
- You can use the TG22 ice maker to make your first batch of ice in as little as six minutes.
- The TG22 ice maker has three different cube settings of small, medium, or large. You can select the size of your choice from the easy-to-use front panel.
- This model includes a large ice bucket capable of holding over two pounds of ice.
- Despite its small size, the TG22 ice maker can make up to 26 pounds of ice in one day.
- It does not require any special plumbing or installation to work properly.
- The TG22 ice maker offers users perfectly cube-shaped ice.
- Any ice you do not use will simply melt back into the reservoir for recycling.
How the TG22 Portable Ice Maker Works
One of the things we like most about the TG22 ice maker is how easy it is for users to operate. The control panel on the front of the machine highlights the various buttons you’ll need to press to get the size of ice cube you desire or to start the daily operating cycle.
Once you plug the TG22 ice maker into an appropriate power source, you just need to let it warm up for a few minutes. After filling the reservoir with water, the machine can start producing cubes for you in about six minutes on average. Note the “fill line” marked on the reservoir and be careful not to go over it.
The ice storage reservoir will hold 2.2 pounds of cubes. On the other hand, it won’t be able to store these cubes in the long-term. Any ice you don’t use before it melts will pass back into the reservoir as water.
Many users describe the TG22 ice maker as the perfect model in its class. This determination seems to be especially true for users that need to take a lot of ice with them during their daily travels to work or other functions. Even though the TG22 ice maker does not store several pounds of ice for days at a time, most users are happy to transfer the ice they need to a freezer or specialized storage bags.
Some users found that the efficiency of this model increased if they used more than six standard trays of ice cubes each day. While the TG22 ice maker still performs well even if you go with fewer ice cubes, it may work best for those that need large quantities of ice for their households or dinner parties. In rare cases, users reported leaking or problems with the unit working. Nonetheless, the one-year warranty should solve these issues.
No products found.
- It has a high ice-making capacity.
- The housing is of high quality.
- It does not require any special setup.
- You can size the cubes according to your needs.
- It is both compact and lightweight.
- The manufacturer’s warranty should take care of any issues.
- The machine is quiet which is an extremely sought after trait in this field.
- The display is easy to understand.
- Some users raised a few issues with the TG22 ice maker. While we think the unit is relatively quiet, others argued that it seemed a bit noisy for an ice maker of its size.
- Some users felt that the ice was not clear enough for their needs once the machine produced it.
- In rare cases, some users found that the ice did not seem to freeze solidly and would melt faster than they expected.
You Might Also Be Interested in:
- Check out the best pellet ice makers that pleased the majority of users.
- Find out all there is about Magic Chef 27 LB Ice Maker.
Many portable ice makers on the market today have similar sizes and shapes. If you need a machine that can produce several pounds of ice per day and is easy to operate and maintain, the TG22 ice maker might be the perfect model for your needs. We invite you to share your thoughts on this product with us in the comments section below.