Our review of the Rabbit clear ice tray will give you a brief production description at first. Afterward, we’ll move on to more in-depth segments that cover its functions, important features, inner workings, pros, cons, and user opinions. Since this tray creates four large cubes at a time, we think it is ideal for individuals or small households. All ice cube trays can freeze water into various shapes. However, not all of these products work the same way. This Rabbit model takes advantage of a directional freezing technique and a unique design to produce exceptionally clear cubes.
Rabbit Clear Ice Tray Product Description
The Rabbit clear ice tray has three parts instead of just one. The tray itself sits inside an insulated base and holds four removable cube molds in place. This tray has a sturdy plastic frame while the cube molds are silicone. The whole apparatus is lightweight and durable. The insulation in the sides of the base keeps heat away from the cubes once they freeze. This tray measures 12.1 inches long, 3.8 inches wide, and 4.3 inches high. It weighs approximately eight ounces.
Rabbit Clear Ice Tray Features and Functions
This section of our Rabbit clear ice tray review contains some of its top features. While this list is not exhaustive, it highlights the features that we feel represent the best qualities of this ice tray and how it might stand out from similar items.
- Creates large cubes.
- A directional freezing technique will push air and impurities to the bottom of the tray. This feature should leave you with clear cubes.
- You can remove the plastic tray for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- The slightly rounded base of the Rabbit clear ice tray makes it easy to fit in your freezer between other items.
- It’s simple to remove the large cubes from the molds without breaking or chipping the ice.
- The molds in this tray help to pack the ice densely so that they melt slower than other cubes.
- You can stack multiple trays on top of each other if you wish.
- Almost all sides are insulated to ensure that each cube freezes from the top and drives bubbles down through the hole and into the reservoir.
- It appears to freeze the water relatively quickly thanks to the insulation.
- You can use regular tap, filtered or hot water to make these clear cubes.
- The Rabbit clear ice tray is the perfect size for an individual or couple.
How the Rabbit Clear Ice Tray Works
You may need to place the ice molds into the Rabbit clear ice tray after you unbox the unit. The holes in each cube mold allow the water to push impurities that create cloudiness into the base at the bottom of the tray. As the liquid freezes, these bubbles are evicted out of the cube. As a result, you’ll get crystal-clear ice cubes of generous dimensions.
Next, you do not need to use any special water with this tray. However, some users noted that using water that they had first boiled or filtered seemed to produce even clearer results. We find that the directional freezing technology of the tray is sufficient for producing clear cubes in most cases.
Once the tray has frozen the water, you can remove as many cubes as you need for your drink. You just pull the plastic tray out of the base to remove the cubes. You may find running them under warm water for a few seconds makes this process easier.
We found that most users appreciated the overall quality of the cubes they could make using the Rabbit clear ice tray. Several users reported that using filtered water seemed to produce a slightly clearer effect in each cube. However, most people that used the plate a few times noted that the effects of their preparations were negligible.
On the other hand, a few users had difficulties removing the cubes from their molds. In most cases, this was because they did not remove the plastic tray from the base unit first. Once you do this, you should not have much trouble getting each cube out in one piece.
Another possible issue was that, although the cubes are larger than normal, they are not as big as some users were expecting. Considering all this, we think the Rabbit clear ice tray provides an easy, inexpensive way to get clear cubes overall.
It has an affordable price point.
You can see the directional freezing method in action.
It is simple to use.
You can enjoy a perfectly cool beverage.
It is easy to clean and maintain it.
There’s not a lot to dislike about the performance of the Rabbit clear ice tray. However, it will almost certainly take up a whole row of space in your freezer due to the prominent plastic frame. If size is a concern for you, you should take the tray’s measurements into consideration.
In addition, although the cubes are fairly large at about 1.5 inches, they are not quite as large as some cubes over two inches that many users might want for their drinks. We think these cubes are more than suitable for an evening drink after dinner, but size could be an essential factor for you.
You Might Also Be Interested in:
- A fresh list with the best ice and water dispensers for your home.
- Our review on Scotsman SCN60PA1SS ice maker equipped with lots of sensors for your convenience.
Clear ice cubes often look more appealing than their cloudy counterparts and may not dilute your drink with so many impurities. These cubes should also stay frozen longer than others thanks to their density. The Rabbit clear ice tray provides you with an easy way to get large, clear cubes. Please share your thoughts on it with us in the comments section.