In this complete review of the Opal Nugget Ice Maker, you’ll get to read all about its features and what customers are saying about it. While each model functions about the same, some have features that make them better than others. The Opal Nugget Ice Maker is one of the few widely-popular models that make fancy, restaurant-grade ice pellets.
Modern refrigerators have built-in ice makers that produce fresh ice. On the other hand, few can create the little nuggets just like you see at fancy restaurants. Portable nugget ice makers are a great solution, but some models are very expensive. Anywhere there’s an electrical outlet, you can have this fancy pellet ice by FirstBuild brand. Let’s see what’s so special about this Opal choice!
The Opal Nugget Ice Maker
The Opal Nugget Ice Maker has a number of excellent features, but the most impressive of all is the steady production of fresh ice. This is a sturdy appliance, made of a durable exterior case and stainless steel internal components. Instead of creating ice cubes, this machine produces a soft, crunchy ice in the form of small pellets.
Nugget ice makers are hard to find, and most models are very expensive. The Opal Nugget Ice Maker, while more expensive than smaller cube making machines, is an affordable addition to your home appliances. It is a sturdy appliance that will produce ice for years.
You’ll have an endless supply of trendy ice pellets to impress your party guests or cool your drinks while enjoying a private evening at home. Although it is heavier than many countertop ice makers, you can take it with you anywhere. It’s a great way to spice up an outdoor function like a picnic or pool party. All you need is electricity.
Features and Functions
- The Opal Nugget Ice Maker makes ice quickly and efficiently. It only takes 15-minutes until the first cubes are ready. Once it starts making ice, it produces one pound per hour and holds up to 3 pounds in the bin.
- The ice maker makes ice using an efficient freezing system. You will be able to produce over 25 pounds of ice every 24 hours.
- The compact design, while larger than some portable ice maker models, still stores conveniently and fits under most cabinets.
- Another impressive feature is the ability to program your ice maker using the Bluetooth First Build App. This allows you to start making ice without the need to be standing right in front of your appliance.
- The front of the Opal Nugget Ice Maker has a large window so you can watch your ice being made. It lets you know when you have a full bin, and when you have enough to fill your guest’s cups.
- There are convenient and easy to operate controls. The owner’s manual provides you with tips on making the best ice, plus how to maintain your Opal Ice Maker for years of crunchy ice.
- There is a built-in sensor in the bucket, so the ice maker knows when to stop producing ice. This feature is important since you have the ability to program your Opal Nugget Ice Maker to start remotely using the Bluetooth App.
- The machine is not specifically designed to keep your ice frozen for extended periods. However, the bin is so airtight and secure; there will still be a supply of ice nuggets available the next morning.
- The Opal Nugget Ice Maker offers a 1-year limited warranty from the date of receipt for any product failure due to materials or workmanship.
- The ice maker uses quality materials. The outside uses durable plastic with a stainless steel case to prevent corrosion.
How the Opal Nugget Ice Maker Works
The way your Opal Nugget Ice Maker produces ice is similar to the concept used by a standard upright refrigerator/freezer. All you have to do is fill the convenient water reservoir and turn the machine on. The water funnels into a small icing chamber where it makes dozens of little ice nuggets.
Once the chamber is full of nuggets, they are dumped into the holding bin. You can watch through the clear window as your ice is being made. There is a short pause after each ice dump, which allows you to empty the bin into a bucket and replace it under your machine.
One prevalent thing worth noting was the mention of how heavy this portable ice maker is. The Opal Nugget Ice Maker weighs 44 pounds. This means it wasn’t easy to move around for some people. In spite of the weight, the heavy construction did prove this model to be durable.
The price tag was a consideration for many reviewers. However, since many nugget ice makers cost a couple thousand dollars, the prevailing sentiment was this machine’s price was perfect for what you get for your money. The collective opinion was this is a bargain price for a machine that produces fancy restaurant-grade ice pellets.
- Ice is ready at your fingertips in about 15 minutes and you can continue making ice for hours.
- The pellet size ice chunks are great for ice chewers.
- The owner’s manual instructions are easy to follow, with tips and suggestions for producing nugget type ice efficiently.
- It makes fancy, restaurant-grade ice right on your kitchen countertop.
- The manufacturer offers great and reliable customer service.
- Even though the Opal Nugget Ice Maker costs less than luxury models, it is more expensive than most countertop ice makers.
- The ice maker requires more frequent cleaning than some portable ice maker models. It’s recommended to not use tap water to make your ice.
- You cannot store ice and it’s rather noisy. The Opal Nugget Ice Maker is also slightly bulkier than comparable models.
You Might Also Be Interested in:
- Quality models considered to be the best ice ball makers.
- A thorough overview of EdgeStar IB120SS ice maker.
The Opal Nugget Ice Maker fits nicely on about any countertop. You can connect right to your phone to program ice making when you need it. Post any comments or suggestions you have in your search for a quality ice maker, and especially let us know what you think about the Opal Nugget Ice Maker if you purchase one.