Our purpose with this guide is to help you decide which ice maker is the best fit for your needs. Our guide will show you some of the best outdoor ice makers on the market, and some portable models that can be used inside or outside. Anyone who likes to host a party, has a large family, or just loves chewing lots of ice should consider purchasing an outdoor ice maker. Such a machine produces high volumes of quality ice and keeps it nice and cold and ready for use. Here are a few of the factors used to determine our ratings:
- Ease of Use.
- User Ratings.
- Ice Making Capacity.
- Additional Features.
#1 – Icefeast Counter Top Ice Machine with High Efficiency
- Cost: An affordable model. Not the cheapest, but cheaper than many machines that perform and rate lower.
- Ease of use: Simple design, easily cleaned, and easily draining water from the unit. Control the indoor or outdoor ice maker with the touch of a button.
- User rating: 100 percent 5 star ratings
- Ice making capacity: This machine makes 54 pounds of ice per 24 hours.
- Small size which makes it portable enough to change its place frequently.
- Energy saving function.
- Fast ice production.
- Sleek design.
- High capacity.
#2 – hOmeLabs Portable Ice Maker Machine for Counter Top
- Cost: This is the second least expensive model on the list.
- Ease of use: Safe, intuitive and includes an auto shut-off feature. Ice is ready in six minutes.
- User rating: Nearly 800 users gave it 4.5 stars with over 85 percent rating it 4 or 5 stars.
- Ice making capacity: 26lbs of ice in 24 hours.
- Portable device.
- Ice scoop included.
- Quiet cooling process.
- Only 1.5 lb of ice storage.
#3 – NewAir ClearIce40, Countertop Clear Ice Maker Machine
Ease of use: Simply plug the machine in, add water, and expect quality ice within 15 minutes.
User rating: 3.5 Stars with only 13 ratings so far. Some complain that the ice comes out as one giant block.
Ice making capacity: Produces 40 lbs of ice per 24 hours.
- Indicator lights and stainless steel finish.
- Ice volume and ease of use.
- Quite a few user complaints, but mostly due to some manufacturing flaws.
#4 – FirstBuild Opal Nugget Ice Maker
This is the best option if you intend to make a large investment in a quality product. The FirstBuild model is ideal for the persons wanting an outdoor ice maker that produces ONLY nugget ice.
Ease of use: Automatic “Smart” ice maker will keep the bucket full of ice without your attendance.
User rating: 4.4 star rating with over 225 rates.
Ice making capacity: Produces 24 pounds of ice in 24 hours.
- If you are looking for an ice maker that makes the “good ice,” then this is the one.
- It makes the nugget ice so many like to chew.
- It has Bluetooth connectivity – you can control the appliance from an app on your phone.
- 3-pound capacity.
- Stainless steel.
- Attractive design.
- It is expensive.
Our rating: 4/5 stars
#5 MRP US Portable Ice Maker IC703
- Cost: The price of this model is on the low end.
- Ease of use: Includes push-button operation and an LCD indicator light display.
- User rating: A 3.5/5 user rating with over 50 reviews. Several reviewers claimed it broke within a few months of buying it.
- Ice making capacity: Produces 27 pounds of ice in a 24 hour period.
- Transparent window to see the ice being made.
- Three different types of ice.
- LCD display.
- Ice ready in a matter of minutes.
- Lower end of ice making capacity.
- A few bad user reviews due to some factory flaws.
#6 – YONGTONG Ice Maker, Countertop Automatic Portable Icemaker Machine
- Cost: This is the most affordable option on our list.
- Ease of use: Just plug it in and press the button, it couldn’t be easier.
- User rating: Over 85 percent rate this indoor or outdoor ice maker a 4 or 5 stars.
- Ice making capacity: Produces 26 pounds of ice per day.
- It is small and portable.
- Extremely easy to use.
- Design of choice can be either of stainless steel or an attractive red color.
- Lower capacity.
- Fewer features than other more expensive models.
You Might Also Be Interested in: