One of the biggest challenges you’ll have for outdoor events is making sure you have enough ice. On top of that, it is your responsibility as a host to prevent the ice from melting. This is where portable ice maker refrigerators come in. These machines will supply you with the ice you need throughout the day. While there are many great machines, we’ve looked around to find the best ice maker refrigerator. In the end, we have come up with a handy list you rely on. We based our best ice maker refrigerator list on customer reviews, reliability, ice making speeds, number of ice sizes, among other factors.
1. Igloo Compact Portable Ice Maker
This Igloo model is the best ice maker refrigerator if you’re in the market for an-entry level machine that’s affordable. It can make a batch of ice in 6 minutes. At the end of the day, you can have a total of 26 lbs of ice. It also has a 2.3-quart reservoir which is used to remake ice as the initial ice melts.
- Reliable machine at a great price.
- It is perfect for casual use (at home and small gatherings).
- Only makes ice in two sizes.
- Smaller capacity reservoir than other machines.
2. NewAir AI-100S
If you are in need of a slightly larger capacity, the NewAir AI-100S is a machine worthy of your attention. It produces 9 pieces of ice in 15 minutes. In a single day, your new acquisition can get you up to 28 pounds of ice. Moreover, this NewAir model can make three different ice sizes and has a removable ice bin to make the machine easy to work with.
- Can produce a little more ice than entry-level machines.
- Price doesn’t justify the small upgrade in ice production.
3. Aicok Ice Maker
The Aicok Ice Maker is a good alternative to the Igloo model. It can be considered the best entry level ice maker refrigerator if you want a solid machine. It performs similarly to the Igloo, producing ice cubes in 10 minutes and offering a capacity of 26 pounds of ice a day. What’s exciting about this unit is that it offers three different cube sizes. On top of that, you’ll also find it equipped with handy features accessible in the LED panel. One of the popular benefits is the smart timer which helps you plan your ice making with ease.
- A large list of features accessible through an easy to use LED interface.
- A two year warranty which is something very few manufacturers offer.
- None. The only limitation may be the ice production capacity.
4. Ice Machine by ThinkGizmos
While this isn’t the best ice maker refrigerator in its class, it’s cheaper than the Aicok Ice Maker while having similar performance. It offers three different ice sizes and produces 26 pounds of ice per day. It also makes a batch of ice in six minutes, making this machine a workhorse in its class.
- Is very versatile as an entry level machine.
- A great price point for its wide versatility.
- Some customers reported machine malfunctions. Fortunately, the company offers a one-year warranty.
If you need higher capacity of ice production, the Nutrichef machine is a great choice. It produces a batch of ice in only 10 minutes and makes 33 pounds of ice in a day. It also offers three different ice cube sizes and even has a self-cleaning feature. The design is also one of the best in its class, featuring an easy to use LCD panel, a handy see-through window, and a sleek stainless steel finish.
- Higher capacity machine that’s versatile.
- Great design that’s both function and stylish.
- Design and size are a bit large. You’ll need decent counter space for this machine
6. NewAir AI-255SS
The NewAir AI 215SS is a heavy duty machine capable of 50 pounds of ice per day. It offers three different ice sizes and can make a batch of bullet-shaped ice cubes in 7 minutes. The model proposes some solid features such as self-cleaning, full basket indicator (lets you know when machine finished the production), and an 18-hour timer for convenience. In the end, the NewAir model presents itself as a satisfactory high capacity machine.
- Strong capacity and a good list of helpful features.
- According to a few customers, the unit has some technical issues like other machines. It adds a plastic taste to the ice.
7. Ivation 48-Pound Daily Capacity Counter Top Ice Maker
The Ivation 48-Pound Daily Capacity Counter Top Ice Maker is a high yield machine that can create 48 pounds of ice a day. There are three cube sizes, and a batch of ice can be created in 8 minutes. A handy feature you’ll appreciate is the alert you receive for the reservoir and full ice bucket. It’s perfect for a busy outing or indoor party.
- Smart alerts come in really handy and make ice production efficient.
- 4.5-liter reservoir means that no water will be wasted. You’ll have plenty of ice ready to be made.
- Some complaints from customers about the lifespan of this machine.
8. Icefeast Ice Machine
The Icefeast machine is a higher capacity ice maker producing 54 pounds of ice per day in two different cube sizes. Many consider it the best ice maker refrigerator when it comes to higher capacity machines. This model can create nine cubes of ice in under six minutes. On top of that, this is one of the quietest ice machines on the market. It also has a beautiful design featuring a viewing window to check progress, a sleek touchscreen interface, and slim form.
- Beautiful design and great performance.
- Very well priced compared to similar machines.
- Only holds 1.6 pounds of ice at one time which is an average performance for a high capacity machine.
All of the ice makers in this list are solid machines. Obviously, some will be slightly better than others in different aspects. When it comes down to it, you’ll probably be making a choice based on factors like capacity, production speed, and price. For instance, the Icefeast will be a strong choice if you’re looking for a high capacity machine.