Nowadays, the market offers a variety of ice ball maker choices. When searching for the best ice ball maker, you should consider shape, size, and the durability of the material. Here are six ice ball makers that generated excellent reviews in reverse order of their rating. To earn a spot in our list, each product had to prove its quality and utility through extra features such as recipe books, flexible trays, and others.
Normally, people serve ice in the shape of cubes, bullets or small pellets. However, ice balls are both unique and more efficient. Anytime you can drop a solid ball of ice in a drink, it will melt slower and last longer. On top of that, the aesthetics will level up your party greatly. Let’s see which are the hottest models on the market!
6. Bar Brat ™- Premium Ice Ball Maker
The idea behind a spherical ice ball is to keep your drinks cold longer than standard cubes. This is a highly-rated ice ball maker and it is also the least expensive. This model from Bar Brat is great for novice home bartenders or beginners.
- There is a bonus eBook with over 130 drink recipes.
- The Bar Brat™ Premium Ice Ball Maker comes in a stylish package, so it’s ready to be given as a gift.
- While still rated highly, the Bar Brat™ Premium Ice Ball Maker has a very appealing price.
- The trays are extremely flexible and it is hard to adjust the water level in each sphere.
- The sphere size is smaller than a standard Old Fashioned glass.
5. DineAsia 3D Skull Flexible Silicone Ice Cube Mold Tray
Using standard spheres is great, but this model of ice ball maker adds an interesting twist to icing down your drinks. The mold produces four skull-shaped ice spheres to add a little conversation to your ice.
- Using a flexible high-grade silicone, you can also use this mold for ice coffee, fruit juice, or soda pop. You can also mold chocolate, soap, and candy.
- The DineAsia 3D Skull Silicone Ice Cube Mold Tray includes a free user’s guide with dozens of interesting and unique ideas.
- This is one of the few ice ball maker choices that are also microwave safe.
- The 3D skull-shape was really unique, but it was harder to get the spheres out of the tray. Sometimes, the skull came out broken.
- This model must be closed first, but the fill hole is very small.
4. Alchemy Bar Goods Crystal Clear Ice Ball Maker
Ice ball spheres are known as Japanese-Style ice in refined cocktail circles. When you use an ice ball maker, you not only effectively cool your drinks, but you also add an aura of refinement.
- Each tray will make a pair of 2.35 inch round ice spheres. These fit perfectly in standard cocktail glasses.
- The Alchemy Bar Goods – Crystal-Clear Ice Ball Maker is designed to help keep air bubbles from marring the perfect texture of your spheres.
- They use only FDA approved flexible silicone that is tasteless and chemical free.
- While the ice bucket was convenient in some respects, it does not fit well in most freezers and added to the shipping weight.
- When the seal was not secure, some of the ice balls were cloudy.
3. glacio Round Ice Sphere Maker
Using perfect ice spheres in your drinks is not only efficient, but it also adds an element of sophistication to your drinks. A unique, flexible tray makes it easier to remove your spheres from this ice ball maker.
- A silicone sphere molds 2.5-inch large ice balls. Using flexible, BPA free black silicone, it is very easy to remove a perfect ball every time.
- The glacio Round Ice Sphere Maker can be used to also freeze juice, soup, or even baby food. It is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- There is a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee from glacio brand. They are confident in their products.
- The product has a money back guarantee.
- The top of the spheres can be difficult to release.
- There were some spheres that leaked.
2. Shefio – Unique Ice Ball Maker Sphere Mold
Owning individual ice ball makers can be beneficial. You don’t have to open a tray to secure one or more spheres. This model has four individual ice ball maker spheres to give you that convenience. This product has a full lifetime warranty.
- The Shefio Unique Ice Ball Maker Sphere makes large, 2.5 inch ice balls.
- Shefio uses an FDA approved durable silicone to manufacture their molds.
- There are innovative wings on each of the molds that make them easier to open than some ice ball maker styles.
- The molds are round, and they do not come with a tray or container to keep them from rolling around in your freezer. You will need to secure this ice ball maker.
- Some reviews indicated they experienced a harsh plastic smell until they washed the molds multiple times.
1. Urban Mixology Bar Supplies – Crystal-clear Ice Ball Maker
Urban Mixology sells a number of useful products for the home bartender. Their crystal-clear ice ball maker is the highest rated choice on this list. It rated a perfect 5.0. There is one, FDA approved tray that produces two perfect spheres.
- The Urban Mixology Crystal-clear Ice Ball Maker uses advanced directional freezing energy. This process forces out the air to produce a perfectly clear ice ball every time.
- There is a no-risk guarantee that has a 100% refund policy – satisfaction guarantee.
- Using a sphere size of 2.35-inches, the ice balls fit perfectly in a standard Old Fashioned glass for optimal cooling efficiency.
- While the highest rated choice on your list, this is the most costly option for an ice ball maker.
- Owning only two of this model could present problems, as it takes approximately 24-hours to produce two ice balls. If you entertain frequently, consider purchasing more than one.
You Might Also Be Interested in:
- An in-depth review on Magic Chef 27 lb ice maker.
- The latest list with the best ice maker refrigerator recommendations for 2018.
For producing perfectly cylindrical balls of ice, these are the six top rated choices. If you’ve used any of these ice ball maker models, let us know how you liked them. In addition, let us know if you found any alternatives that we might have missed our list.