A solid ice cooler is essential for making sure that your ice stays cold and doesn’t melt. The question is: how do you distinguish one ice cooler from another? We’ve taken the challenge and have compiled a list of the best coolers for keeping ice. What we’ve found is that the best ice cooler isn’t as straightforward as you think. That’s why we’ve considered the size capacity, design, features, and of course the price.
1. Rubbermaid Cooler
Sometimes, you just need a cooler with a simple design that does the job. That’s when the Rubbermaid Cooler can be considered one of the best coolers for keeping ice. It comes in sizes of 5 quarts all the way to 60 quarts. The design is simple but the small details are what make it count. It has an easy to clean liner, is stain resistant, and keeps away odor. The swing handle is wide and sturdy making it comfortable to carry.
- One of the best coolers for keeping ice in its price range.
- No drain and lacking other additional storage features.
2. Igloo Ice Cube Roller Cooler
The Igloo Roller Cooler is an incredible value considering its 60-quart size. It has a great design that features roller wheels, side scoops for easy loading/unloading, and retractable tow handles to take it with you comfortably. Most customers are happy with this cooler, and it’s one of the best selling models online. This is one of the best coolers for keeping ice if you need a large cooler but have a small budget.
- An incredible value for a 60-quart ice cooler that comes with wheel rollers.
- The lid is not as durable as other coolers.
3. Igloo Quick and Cool Cooler
If you need a large cooler for an event or an extended trip outdoors, the Igloo Quick and Cool Cooler is a model you should strongly consider. It is made of polyethylene and made to keep whatever is inside cool for up to five days. The design is sturdy and convenient. It has a strong snap top latch, quick access hatch, swing handles on the sides, and a drain to quickly remove excess liquid.
- The cooler has a great design and does a good job in keeping items cool.
- Both the 100 and 150-quart models have very good prices compared to other companies out there.
- It’s a large cooler, so mistakes in how it’s handled can result in the latch becoming loose. While this is a problem with this specific cooler, it’s not uncommon to see it in other large coolers.
4. Coleman Coastal Xtreme Series Marine Portable Cooler
This Coleman cooler a great alternative to the Igloo Quick and Cool Cooler. It has a large capacity of 120 quarts. While it isn’t bigger than the Igloo cooler, it stays right in between the two available sizes while remaining affordable. This cooler keeps your items cool for six full days. The side handles come in stainless steel for longevity and the cooler has a drain to quickly offload liquids.
- Cooler is sturdy enough to sit on. You won’t have to worry about the top cover breaking.
- The price point hits a sweet spot and is perfect for those that want something bigger than 100 quarts but smaller than 150.
- Not rain proof.
- Might not keep things cool for more than two days.
5. YETI Tundra Roadie Cooler
YETI coolers are very popular among outdoor enthusiasts and come in many different size capacities. The reason why people love this company’s products is because these coolers have a heavy-duty design. This specific product has thick walls, strong handles, and durable latches. As a result, they’re built to last for many years to come. Design-wise, there are no wheels on the bigger coolers and on convenient lids for quick access to beverages.
- Cooler does a great job in keeping your items cool and has a heavy-duty design that’s built to last you for many years.
- Incredibly comfortable and strong handles that won’t break with everyday mishaps.
- It’s quite expensive even compared to the premium coolers out there in the market.
- The heavy-duty design means that it’s heavier than other coolers.
- Lacks easy lids and roller wheels.
6. RTIC Cooler
This is a worthy alternative to the popular YETI coolers. The RTIC has a heavy duty design that is built to withstand impact and last you for years to come. The handles and lid are durable and comfortable to use. It has a fairly simple design and has a drain but not much else. Compared to similar coolers, the RTIC is priced reasonably well, especially considering the quality of materials. So for enthusiasts, it might be among the best coolers for keeping ice.
- It stays cool for longer compared to other companies.
- Built to last you for years and very affordable.
- The heavy-duty design means that it’s fairly heavy. This is obviously meant for outdoors enthusiasts.
- Like the YETI, it’s lacking some functional features like a roller wheel and an easy open top lid.
That’s a quick rundown of the best coolers for keeping ice. We’ve covered everything from the lower to upper price range. We’ve looked at various size capacities, features, and specific models for enthusiasts. That’s why feel very strongly that you’ll find the ideal ice cooler for your specific need on our list!