In the following review, you’ll learn all the special features that power the Avalon Bay ice maker. Read a brief product description and then go through all its features, pros, cons, and owner reviews. This popular ice maker can save you time by making all the ice you need in time for your next party. You’ll find it available in a variety of colors, and enjoy useful features such as overflow protection, portability, and others.
Avalon Bay Ice Maker Product Description
The Avalon Bay ice maker is available in three color schemes of red, black, or silver. Each color comes with the same sleek, minimal design that looks stylish but shouldn’t take up a lot of space on your countertop. Because it is portable, you only need to plug it in and turn it on to prepare it for ice production. We like that it is compact enough to take with you in recreational vehicles or other small spaces. The Avalon Bay ice maker weighs 19.3 pounds and measures 11 x 14.8 x 14.7 inches. It uses plastic for a durable yet lightweight frame that should last a long time.
Some users expressed concern that the ice maker did not use heavier-graded components. However, after some testing, they came to find the materials to be adequate. We think the machine’s materials are necessary to maintain its portability and haven’t noticed any issues with durability. It can produce 26 pounds of ice per day and only needs 15 minutes to warm up for its first batch. The top of its lid has simple controls that are easy to program. Anyone can learn how to use the Avalon Bay ice maker in a matter of minutes.
Avalon Bay Ice Maker Features and Functions
This portion of our Avalon Bay ice maker review will provide you with a list of some of the machine’s main features.
- The ice maker can produce 26 pounds of ice per cycle.
- It completes a cycle every 24 hours.
- An overflow switch will prevent the machine from running if it gets too full. You won’t have to worry about any spillage thanks to this feature.
- The machine can start producing ice cubes in as little as 15 minutes after its initial setup.
- You can choose from two cube sizes for various drinks.
- After you set it up for the first time, the Avalon Bay ice maker can start making ice in about six minutes each time you activate it.
- Many users describe its controls as easy-to-use and helpful.
- The machine runs at 230 watts.
- It creates bullet-shaped ice cubes that are perfect for party drinks.
- The Avalon Bay ice maker has indicators for both the ice basket and the water reservoir. These indicators will let you know if the ice basket is full so that you can empty it or if you need to add more water to the machine. You can use these indicators to ensure that the machine makes ice nonstop until you have everything you need.
- A water reservoir in the machine holds 32 ounces of liquid for ice production.
- Although the ice maker doesn’t have a cooler, the insulated compartment should keep ice from melting for a few hours.
- Most users say that although the ice maker’s noise production is noticeable, it is not overbearing.
How the Avalon Bay Ice Maker Works
We like how easy it is to use this ice maker. Once you plug it in, you just need to wait a few minutes for it to be ready for ice-making duty. The first time you use it, it should take no more than 15 minutes for it to be ready. After that, it should only need about 6 minutes to warm up after you activate it.
Fill the water reservoir and insert it into the machine. Check for a “fill line” and make sure you don’t go over it to avoid spillage. You can use the convenient buttons on the front of the lid to program the Avalon Bay ice maker for your first batch of ice.
We were pleased to discover that several users marked the Avalon Bay ice maker as the best countertop model they had ever used. In some cases, these users had gone through several other countertop ice makers with mixed results. Many users think this is one of the best ice makers out there for making nugget or bullet ice that is close to the “Sonic” ice they enjoy. We like that it doesn’t require any complex instructions to use this item.
Some users complained about the longevity of the ice. However, keep in mind that this item is not marketed as a freezer. We recommend transferring cubes to the freezer compartment of your refrigerator before you move on to the next fresh batch of ice.
- Convenient, compact design is ideal for use in small kitchens and other compact spaces like RVs, boats and more
- Powerful compressor produces 26 pounds of ice a day so you never have to run to the store for a bag of ice again
- Simple, hassle-free ice dispenser requires no installation - just plug in, add water and wait up to 15 minutes to enjoy...
It’s a portable ice maker that doesn’t need permanent installation.
You can set it up quickly and without using any special tools.
The controls are simple to operate.
You can produce lots of ice daily and store it in a freezer for long-term use.
The machine will run itself as long as you empty its ice bucket.
This unit doesn’t have a self-cleaning feature.
There is no frozen compartment for long-term ice storage.
It only produces cubes in one shape.
In rare cases, the sensors or indicators may stop working unexpectedly.
The Avalon Bay ice maker might be a welcome addition to any small office, but it really shines in a household party setting. It can produce a large amount of ice quickly and keep it cold for some time. On top of that, it isn’t so noisy that it will disturb you while you’re waiting for a batch of ice. Please share your thoughts and tips on this machine with us in the comment section.